Thank You, Mom!
by Clubhouse Jr. staff
printable card (click here to download)
pen or marker
1. Ask your dad or an older sibling to help you print out the card. (Dads: If your printer allows for two-sided printing, select the long-edge binding option. If not, print out two sheets separately and glue back-to-back with the instructions on top.)
2. Cut out the card along the solid lines and fold on the dotted line.
3. Color in everything outlined in blue.
4. Cut out the leaf and flower patterns from the instructions. Cut between petals.
5. Glue flower over the green circle ("glue flower here") on the front of the card.
6. Glue a colorful button in the center ("glue button here") and gently fold the petals so they pop up.
7. Fold each leaf on the dotted line and glue half of it to the green outlines ("glue leaf here") on the card front, letting the other half pop up.
8. Color the inside of the card and be sure to sign your name with hugs and kisses.
This article first appeared in the May 2012 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse Jr. magazine. Poem © 2012 by Crystal Bowman. Used by permission.