by Julie Theophanes
colored foam or construction paper
small, flat box with lid
1. Draw a heart on foam big enough to cover box. Cut out heart.
2. Trace three hearts from the first and cut them out.
3. Now trace around one heart on thin cardboard, and cut out two hearts.
4. Glue a foam heart on each side of cardboard hearts.
5. Squeeze glue onto the bottom of the box (keep the lid on), and press the box down onto one of the hearts. Then squeeze glue onto the lid and press the second heart on top.
6. Let your box dry, and decorate it with small foam hearts and glitter glue.
7. Fill your valentine box with treats, and write a note to put inside.
This article originally appeared in the February 2010 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse Jr. magazine. Copyright 2010 Julie Theophanes. Used by permission. Photo © Ron Nickel.