by Clubhouse Jr. staff
pre-cooked breakfast sausage
red onion (optional)
1. Preheat broiler or outdoor grill on high heat.
2. Soak the wood skewers in water for 20 minutes.
3. While the skewers soak, peel the sweet potato and dice into 1-inch cubes.
4. Pour the sweet potato cubes in a small bowl, along with 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set the sweet potato aside to cool.
5. Chop pineapple, sausage and red onion into bite-sized pieces.
6. Thread pineapple, sausage, onion and sweet potato onto the skewers.
7. Grill 6-8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes and brushing with maple syrup.
8. Serve with fresh fruit and cheese cubes.
For picky eaters, try raw kebabs of strawberries, melon and pineapple.
Copyright © 2012 by Focus on the Family.