Cheery Cheese and Crackers
by Lydia E. Harris
8-ounce package of cream cheese, slightly softened
1 celery stalk, washed
dried fruits, Craisins or sprinkles for decoration
large round crackers
cucumber and radish, sliced
strawberry jam (optional)
1. Place celery stalk on cutting board with rounded side up.
2. With adult help, use a vegetable peeler to cut thin strips of celery for ribbon.
3. Wrap celery strips around the cream cheese to look like ribbon on a package.
4. Add celery leaves in the center to look like a fancy decoration.
5. Add bits of dried fruit or sprinkles to look like wrapping paper with a design.
6. Arrange cheese gift, crackers and veggies on a serving plate.
Sweet Surprises Version: Instead of veggies, serve cheese and crackers with a side of strawberry jam. You can also substitute small bagel halves or bagel chips for crackers.
Copyright © 2012 Focus on the Family. Used by permission.