by Judith and Brigit Costello
1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
raspberry or strawberry jelly
1. Wash your hands and then squish and mash together butter, flour, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
2. Form dough into balls and space evenly on a cookie sheet.
3. Flatten balls slightly and make four dents on top to form a cross.
4. Fill cross shape with jelly.
5. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges.
6. Thank Jesus for dying on the cross to save believers from their sins.
This article first appeared in the April 2007 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse Jr. magazine. Copyright © 2007 by Judith and Brigit Costello. Used by permission. Photo © Ron Nickel.